Immediate follow-up on your show leads will give you a real advantage over your competition. Try the following seven ways to help turn your leads into sales in the shortest time possible:
- Send a “thank-you for stopping our trade show booth” note via email immediately after the visitor leaves your exhibit or that evening from your hotel room.
- Follow this up with a postcard or fax once you are back at the office with a more specific message regarding follow-up. For example, when a sales rep will call them or when a quote will be sent out.
- If literature or samples were requested, send them out via an overnight service so that you can track when the information is delivered.
- Follow up with a phone call to check whether your prospect has actually received the information.
- Ask your prospects what they would like to happen next when they are still in your trade show exhibit.
- Add them to your mailing list and keep them updated with useful information, new products/services or tips.
- Ask them for references for other potential buyers.