A critical element of your trade show marketing is knowing which of the following groups are most interested in your products or services. By knowing your customers you will know how to better serve them when they enter your trade show booth.
- Present customers or clients: These are people you are already doing business with but want to continue nurturing the relationship.
- Technical personnel: These people are interested in the technical aspects of your products/services.
- Manufacturers: These people produce and may well benefit from what you have to offer.
- Specifiers: These people instruct others to use specific products/ services to produce another product. For example, an interior designer might specify using a specific brand of carpeting for a project.
- Suppliers: These people might provide you with products/services.
- Consumers: These people use the products/services you sell.
- Influencers: These people sway others to buy and are often sent to shows to research what’s new in the industry.
- Consultants: These people advise others about specific products/ services.
Definitely take time to think through the group or groups you want to target because doing so will help direct your marketing promotional efforts.